Prices incl. VAT. Possibly plus shipping costs.
Available as instant download
- Order number: 978-3-8343-2471-9
- Edition: 1st edition 2021
- Author: Stefan Würz
After completing your order the download will be available in your customer account. For this, a registration will be required. https://www.vbm-fachbuch.de/en/account/downloads
Heat Transfer Fluids - Properties and Comparisons
A software for calculating and comparing properties of heat transfer fluids
Even though the use of thermal oils in heat transfer systems has been state of the art for more than 60 years, thermal oils are often not used in the best possible way. When selecting a heat transfer fluid for heat transfer systems, evaluating the technical fluid properties is particularly important to ensure the best choice for long-term and cost-effective system operation.
The “Heat Transfer Fluids“ software offers approximation equations for physical properties of a large number of heat transfer fluids and thus supports you in the selection of a suitable fluid. In addition to current fluids, it also contains fluids that are no longer available, so that comparisons can be made with current fluids.
The software consists of several workbooks based on Microsoft Excel and offers you a wide range of options for calculating properties, for comparing or for using the approximation equations in your own calculations. These include: :
- Calculation of properties based on temperature inputs
- Using calculation modules in your workbooks
- All approximation functions are included as ready-to-use macro templates so that you can easily use them in your workbooks
- Every approximation function is also included as text string so that it can simply be copied and used in other programs
- Compare general fluid data to find a suitable fluid for your application
- Comparing the physical properties of different fluids over the temperature range
The approximate equations include the calculation for vapor pressure, density, specific heat capacity, specific enthalpy, kinematic and dynamic viscosity, thermal conductivity, Prandtl number and volume expansion coefficient.
- Microsoft Windows Version 7 or newer
- Microsoft Excel Version 2010 or newer
- Adobe Acrobat Reader or similar program to read PDF files
- Internet connection and web browser for using the video tutorials and the contact form
The program does not use macros or programming. All worksheets are provided as xlsx files.
The demo version contains 3 fluids and offers the full functionality.
Hash values of the full version
Hash values of the demo version